In order for the Central SRA to be established, we need a majority vote in favour from the property owners of Central and Park Drive. Thus your support and ultimately your consent to the formation of this SRA plays an integral part in this process.
We know the following facts:
- If we wait for the Municipality to do what we, as a community require, we will wait for an indefinite period of time. The Municipality will always maintain that 80% of the revenue received from rates, will be spent in areas that are in need of basic services such as running water, toilets etc.
- Therefore we need to ask, what does the municipality spend on us? Is this fair? Yes and no.
- We agree that the poverty stricken areas need more attention and finances than the rest of the city but does that make us less worthy of services to the value of what we put into the system? Unfortunately we have to accept it or………file a class action against local Government? If it was only that simple. Should we, as a community, go that route, we will basically be fighting them with our own tax money. In other words, the Municipality will use OUR money to fight THEIR case in court.
- We are trying to find solutions to our lovely neighbourhood’s problems and surely it makes sense that we do it ourselves. Active citizenry. A community run area….WE get to say what happens to the money we spend on this service. We know exactly what we want done in our area. We have powerful, influential, and experienced members in our community that are very capable of running this non-profit organization.
- The final Board of Directors will be elected by the property owners of Central….you have the power to effect change.
- If you are a tenant in the property that you reside in, encourage your landlord to sign up. Everybody will benefit….property values will increase in time and tenants will feel safer.
Please click on the following link to read about the 5 year plan for the area: http://www.centralsra.co.za/business-plan/
Please click on the following link if you are ready to consent: http://www.centralsra.co.za/consent/
Please click on the following link if you would like to calculate how little you will be contributing: http://www.centralsra.co.za/about/how-much/
Below is the Slide show presentation as given at the Central SRA Public Participation Meetings: